[TxMt] MultiMarkdown in TextMate

Oliver Hagmann lists at interdisco.net
Wed Apr 12 17:31:11 UTC 2006

Fellow TextMates

Thanks to Brad for the MMD bundle. I noticed some problems while
using it:

1) I have problems using german umlauts like ä, ö, ü, etc. when
converting a Markdown document to PDF or HTML. All I get is some
strange character sequences where the umlauts should be. And yes, I
use UTF8 for my documents.
2) If I use the shortcut for "Preview in Browser" ctrl-shift-M while
using Multimarkdown as the document language, I get the following error:

warning: failed to load external entity "/Library/Application%
20Support/TextMate/Bundles/Markdown.tmbundle/Support/markdown.xsl"
cannot parse /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/
Markdown.tmbundle/Support/markdown.xsl

Funny thing is: It works if I select "Preview in Browser" from the
menu in the status bar. The shortcut works while using Markdown as
the document language though. Why are there two different languages
anyway? Is there a difference between the syntax of Markdown and
Multimarkdown?

3) If I use ctrl-shift-L, a html link get's inserted instead of
converting it to Latex while using Markdown as language. It works
while using MMDown as the language. (So this might be a problem of
the Markdown bundle. Or is this expected behaviour?)

Anybody else noticing this?

Cheers. Oliver