[TxMt] Problem with "Edit in Textmate"

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Apr 9 13:21:18 UTC 2006

On 9/4/2006, at 13:05, Daniel Käsmayr wrote:

> I am using "Edit in Textmate" for most of my emails now, but I am
> finding out that there are some caveats that will kill your email
> message; namely switching between windows and/or applications too
> often results in your text being lost and not placed back into the
> email when you close the TxtMte-Window. Right now I am placing the
> email message into the clipboard as a backup, but clearly there is
> something odd here ;)

 From the install notes:

    Generally the input manager approach works better, but it is a
hack, so e.g. if
    you call upon the Edit in TextMate action and close the window
which held the
    text, or was calling the service from the field editors text view
and advance
    focus, before the text has been returned, do not be surprised if
the text does
    not show up in the proper text view.

It beeps when it is unsuccessful in returning the text.