[TxMt] Java documentation

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Apr 9 02:18:44 UTC 2006

On 8/4/2006, at 8:30, Trevor Harmon wrote:

> [...] Until today, I somehow never realized TextMate had this
> feature, and I was happy to see it works for Java, too. At least,
> it's supposed to. I can't get it to work. It seems that the command
> requires an index.html file in the Java API docs directory, but on
> my Tiger installation of Tiger (that is, Mac OS X 10.4 and Java
> 1.5/5.0), there doesn't seem to be any index.html in that
> directory. There's an index-files subdirectory, but no root
> index.html file. Is there something wrong with my installation of
> Java?

Initially when Brad Miller added this command, I had to install some
optional Java package to get the actual documentation files.

Since then, these have however disappeared from my system (not really
sure when it happened).

So bottom line: your install is not broken, it might be incomplete
(as to that optional Java package), but I am not really sure.

The Java ctrl-H version was however not as elegant as for the other
languages, as it doesn’t lookup the current word/unit, but only opens
the root documentation file.