[TxMt] Re: SSH script

Jacob Rus jrus at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 7 20:31:38 UTC 2006

Corey Jewett wrote:
> This almost works, the issue is related to however OS X discovers (or
> doesn't) the window server from a remote shell. I have the same kind of
> issue with growlnotify. Anybody know how to work around this?

I use:

     SSH_CLIENT_ADDR=`echo $SSH_CONNECTION | cut -f1 -d" "`
     LNAME="my-local-(home-computer)-username"
     function edit {
     ssh $LNAME@$SSH_CLIENT_ADDR edit "sftp://$LOGNAME@$HOSTNAME/$PWD/$1"
     }

to get editing in TextWrangler working, but it has built-in (s)ftp
support.  Something similar may work for this script you have set up.
Can't test now as I'm behind a firewall.  I'll post back later if I can
get it to work.

-Jacob