[TxMt] MultiMarkdown in TextMate

Soryu Soryu at serenity.de
Thu Apr 6 20:00:12 UTC 2006

Format: complete
Author: Soryu
Copyright: All rights reversed
Date: 2006-04-06
Title: Giant Squid!

Thanks to the feedback I made another version.

# Changes

* Updated MultiMarkdown.pl to latest version “1.0.1Multi19.1”
though the website says “1.0.1Multi19.2” (?)

	> An observation. This does not include the latest version of
MultiMarkdown.pl. If people update the script, xsltproc will need to
be run with the -novalid and -nonet switches.

	I added those options. Thanks Mark.

* Memoir Document Class

	>  Fletcher Penney also provides xhtml2memoir. Would it make sense
to branch the command to Convert Document to LaTeX Article and
Convert document to LaTeX Memoir?

	I included it for test purposes, so we can have a look at it and
decide about it :) I'm not sure if someone would write something this
complex with MultiMarkdown? It looks a little like the “book”
class to me.

* ↓↓↓

	Good idea indeed! I prefixed all commands and the grammar (to make
the association) with “↓↓”. I think two “↓” look sleeker
than three?

	> I was actually joking - but what the hell… :)

	2l8 ;)

* Source Comments

	I removed most comments in the Command Sources (They did not make
sense).

* LaTeX Output

	* The LaTeX Output uses the Packages “plainfootnote” and
“xmpincl”

		They are not included in my LaTeX installation, so this would make
for a Documentation item.

	* Though input encoding is set to utf-8 LaTeX does not know about
the “↓” it seems :(

* Documentation

	I made a stub “Readme” command. This should include both Markdown
and MultiMarkdown doc when the bundles are merged.

* Inclusion of `MultiMarkdown.pl` in the Standard TextMate `Support`
directory

	Just so we don't forget about that.

Bye for now,
Soryu.

PS: Best viewed with the (non-existing) Mail-Markdown Plugin ;)