[TxMt] Keyboard shortcuts / Services

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Apr 6 19:03:11 UTC 2006

On 6/4/2006, at 18:47, Daniel Käsmayr wrote:

> just wondering: how are you writing your mails? Just in mail.app or
> in txtmate?

I write mostly in Mail. Only if I need to format text (like indented
quotes) or when I have to use snippets (for all my canned support
replies ;) ) do I switch to TextMate.

> You are using typographic “” instead of "" -- any automatism there?

No, I just started using them, and now I can’t stop…

> And any idea how to get the correct German versions of these: „“?

If you want to have something like SmartyPants.pl then you can just
modify the script, or maybe more elegant, just add this to the
command: |perl -pe 's/“/„/g; s/”/“/g'

That way, SmartyPants.pl will stay untouched and will do the job of
finding where to insert quotes. Oh… SmartyPants.pl inserts entities
instead of actual characters, so the subst. above would be on these.