[TxMt] Folding in LaTeX

Daniel Käsmayr daniel at kaesmayr.net
Thu Apr 6 15:50:13 UTC 2006

Dear fellow LaTextmaters,

I am (again) fiddling with the LaTeX bundle (seem to do that too much
and write my thesis too little --- ah well). and am trying to find
some way to add better folding recognition.

However, I would like things to be a bit easier, maybe I am just a
bit slow-minded today:

Right now I am trying something similar to the HTML.bundle:

	foldingStartMarker = '(?x)
	(\\chapter\{.*\}
	|\\begin\{.*\}
	)';
	foldingStopMarker = '(?x)
	(\%endchapter\{.*\}
	|\\end\{.*\}
	)';

Which will add folding marks to chapter headlines and custom comments
that show the end of a chapter (or section, subsection etc.). Which
works fine, but instead of having to type out every possibility I was
hoping to do this:

	foldingStartMarker = '(?x)
	(\\(chapter|section)\{.*\}
	|\\begin\{.*\}
	)';
	foldingStopMarker = '(?x)
	(\%end(chapter|section)\{.*\}
	|\\end\{.*\}
	)';

Works only if the indentation is correct. (Which might get annoyingly
deep if this is done in depth).

\chapter{chapter}
	\section{section}
	%endsection{}
%endchapter{}

Is there a way to get folding to recognize the foldingStopMarker as
"the line before it hits a certain pattern"? So I can fold (marked
with *)

*	\section
	…

*
	\section

thx,

Daniel

PS: btw, when editing this email in Txtmate and returning to Mail.app
the indentations were all gone.