[TxMt] Managing change in default bundles

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Apr 5 20:34:23 UTC 2006

On 5/4/2006, at 22:18, Trevor Harmon wrote:

> If so, then perhaps that means I can simply delete the original
> after making a copy for my own use.

You can, but then it’s better just to edit it. Since it’s easier to
restore an edited item to the default setting (by removing the custom
one from ~/Library) then undelete default items (which require
messing with the bundles info.plist, which also end in ~/Library).

> That should work, as long as I make sure the name of my tweaked
> command is different from the old one, right?

Bundle items all have UUID [1] so the name plays no role in this. If
you edit a default, TM will always see it as the edited default, if
you duplicate a default, this is a new item, no matter what you call it.

[1] Universal Unique Identifiers