[TxMt] Using QuickSilver to access TextMate's bundle menu

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Wed Apr 5 18:07:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

Recently I learned about QS being able to access Application Menus. This
rocks when combined with the huge bundle menu that TextMate has, making
it a breeze to find things you use sometimes, but keep forgetting the
shortcut of.
Here's how to set it up:

- Launch Quicksilver, edit preferences
- In the Application tab, tick "Enable advanced features" and select "Beta".
- In the Catalog tab, open the Quicksilver entry and tick "Proxy Objects".
- In the Triggers menu, create a new hotkey trigger for the QS command
"Current Application" with the action "Show Menu Items". I use
ctrl-space as hotkey for it.

Now open up TextMate, open a new document, press ctrl-space and type
"lor" for example, this will give you the "lorem ipsum" command.

Have fun,

Jeroen.