[TxMt] Selecting text until next found occurrence

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Apr 4 23:19:51 UTC 2006

On 4/4/2006, at 20:45, Shiran Pasternak wrote:

> How could I go use keystrokes to select text from the cursor to the
> next (or previous) occurrence of a searched term? [...]

Currently there is no good way to do it. You can however do a regexp
search for: ‘(?m:.*?)«search string»’. The ‘(?m:.*?)’ part will
ensure that everything before ‘«search string»’ ends up as selected.

> [...] but was wondering if there's something more procedural.

Eventually I will add support for Emacs style marks, and that will be
the nice solution for this. But for now, the regexp searching is the
only option.