[TxMt] howto disabe automatic file backup

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Mon Apr 3 08:24:19 UTC 2006

On Apr 3, 2006, at 1:04 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 3/4/2006, at 9:39, Andreas Biegert wrote:
>
>> I am not sure if it solves my problem but I will try it. My
>> coworkers (all
>> emacs users) were complaining about .filename files that TM seems
>> to create
>> as autobackup.
>
> That’s meta data:
>
>    http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/
> saving_files#extended_attributes_metadata

Ah, yes, I've had this problem when using TextMate to edit files
mounted remotely on a Linux server. TM leaves tiny binary files
scattered all over the place. (They're all prefixed with ":2e_", so
they're not hidden, which makes this problem especially annoying.)

Are there any plans to make this metadata storage a project-specific
option? I'd like to turn it off when working with my Linux project
but leave it on for everything else.

Trevor