[TxMt] Re: SQL on Rails webcast featuring textmate

Jacob Rus jrus at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Apr 2 15:08:43 UTC 2006

Robert Deaton wrote:
> I do hope in reading that page, you realized that SQL on Rails is
> nothing but an April Fools joke, with hundreds of silly rails
> followers falling for the trick.

I don't believe you that anyone really fell for it.

In any case, it was most excellent.  Whoever made it had fun on the
little details.  Among other things, I particularly like the environment
variables:

setenv INTELLIGENCE -10
setenv USER root
setevn LIBRARY_DIRECTORY ~/Desktop
setenv RM_RF_DIRECTORY /
sitenv CHAIR

Also, the 73,908 line bare-bones boiler plate SQL file, and of course,
"Luckily earlier today… I did a MySQL dump of the Internet down to my
desktop."

Allan: have you considered switching to the Model-Model-Model pattern
for TextMate development?