[TxMt] quick redo last action

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sat Apr 1 22:39:15 UTC 2006

On 31/3/2006, at 18:09, thomas Aylott wrote:

> Can a macro currently change the search and replace pasteboards?

No, because the search and replace clipboards are “local” for the
duration of the macro. I wasn’t sure if this was always desirable
when I added it, but this is actually the first time it has come up.

In theory it would be possible to put stuff on the find clipboard by
using pbcopy with the ‘-pboard find’ argument. But in practice this
is rather problematic, because there is no way to be notified about
changes to the various clipboards, so TM will only check it when
activated, but when de-activated it will take note of the current
change count -- so to actually pull this off, one would need to de-
activate TM, store something on the find clipboard, and then re-
activate it.

And there is no similar argument for the replace clipboard.