[TxMt] Re: Input from gets in Ruby

Xavier Noria fxn at hashref.com
Fri Sep 30 19:18:17 UTC 2005

On Sep 30, 2005, at 17:12, William M Shobe wrote:

> PS When I download the latest build, there is a second file called
> "mate".  Is there something I need to do with this file?

That's a binary that allows you to launch TM from the command line,
so you can do just

     % mate myscript.py

to edit myscript.py in the current directory. In addition you can set
the environment variable EDITOR to "mate -w" so that other command-
line applications can delegate to TM, for instance svn. See "mate -h"
for some other options.

To install it just throw it in some directory in your PATH.

-- fxn