[TxMt] [RFC] python folding enhancement

Jordan Breeding jordan.breeding at mac.com
Sat Sep 24 22:59:05 UTC 2005

Hello,

I haven't had a chance to follow all of the TextMate enhancements as
closely as I would like, but I thought that I saw something about
regexes being able to look back and forward now.

I edit a lot of python files that haven't been written with TextMate,
which means that lines inserted for spacing/formatting are completely
blank.  It would be nice if the folding support for Python could
support files that weren't written in TextMate.

Is it possible with all of the regex changes lately that Python
folding support could now support this?

I don't think that just reformatting the file(s) in question will
help because the people writting the files use emacs and have the
contents of their buffer reformatted when they open the file and when
they write it out, they strip any spaces and tabs on blank lines.

Thanks for any information,
Jordan