[TxMt] Stringless Bundles

Allan Odgaard list at macromates.com
Wed Sep 21 17:41:28 UTC 2005

On 21/09/2005, at 19.23, IxokaI wrote:

> The problem? One of the most irritating things is when I type a ' or a
> ", it adds a doubled one there. I want to disable that for just one
> language... but not all... because when i'm doing Python or C++
> programming, I quite like that feature.
>
> Is there anyway to do that?

Yes -- go to the bundle editor, for your language bundle add a new
preferences item (using the + button) and insert:

     smartTypingPairs = (
         ( "(", ")" ),
     );

That gives you type-pairing for the normal characters except " and '.
Set the scope for this preferences item to source.«your language».

Typing pairs can also be set for more specific scopes, e.g. ' is
already removed from strings and comments in sources (and text, but
present inside <tags> in HTML).