[TxMt] Remote projects

Ollivier Robert roberto+textmate at keltia.freenix.fr
Tue Sep 20 12:25:37 UTC 2005

According to Robert Deaton:
> The problem with using Version Control tools is that odds are while
> debugging, you're writing unnecessary commits all the time. I'd much

And the problem in that is...?  There is no problem.

> rather check in only when I finish important code than run through
> hundreds of commits looking for where the final change to a certain
> piece of the project is. But then again, that's just me.

It is up to you but that is orthogonal to my answer.  What I am trying to
say is that, instead of modifying files on the remote side, you do your
modifications locally -- whether it is done through 100 csets or one
doesn't matter -- then you check the mods in then you update the "live"
copy.

That way you have history and easy rollback in case of a problem.

PS: please don't Top post, thanks.
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
Darwin snuadh.freenix.org Kernel Version 7.9.0: Wed Mar 30 20:11:17 PST 2005