[TxMt] os forking doesn't work from a TextMate command?

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Fri Sep 16 18:23:35 UTC 2005

Gerd Knops's double-fork trick is probably what you want (generally
referred to as "daemonizing"). The reason for this is when you run a
command, TextMate waits for the command to finish, and apparently
when you fork it's still waiting for the forked process to finish.
But double-forking (and probably closing file descriptors) should
solve that issue.

--
Kevin Ballard
kevin at sb.org