[TxMt] Re: [REQ] new-from-template

Ruben Debeerst ruben.debeerst at gmx.de
Mon Sep 12 17:36:14 UTC 2005

Allan Odgaard wrote:
> I've always wanted to merge single document window and the project
> stuff, just never got around to doing so, and eventually settled on
> making that the core thing for 1.2.

I see that the problem is more complicated, when the document-window and
project-window aren't really the same. You can't see that from the GUI :-)

> The connection with projects though is, that a template can create
> multiple files -- but I've never really been happy with how this
> currently works.

I mean, the templates are not project-specific. You can use them in
every project. But you have to create a project to use one. That's a bit
weird, isn't it? :-)

It's not really a problem and this will (if I got you right) probably
change, when you merge your window stuff.