[TxMt] POLL: Request a Theme!

Graeme Mathieson mathie at woss.name
Mon Sep 12 14:43:03 UTC 2005

On 11 Sep 2005, at 16:57, thomas Aylott wrote:

> If people seriously want a certain theme, I WILL make it (eventually).

The 'pablo' theme from vim would be nice.  Or the colours I use in
XEmacs (basically the default 'dark background' colours, with a deep
blue background).

> Who uses what theme in textMate?

Until I started reading this thread, 'Mac Classic'.  I'm currently
experimenting with 'Pastels on Dark', though I think it needs some
tweaking before I'll like it.

> What themes have you used from previous systems or applications?

See above; pablo in vim and a tweaked one on XEmacs.

> Do you like black backgrounds? Do you like colored backgrounds?

Dark coloured backgrounds, yeah.  Either black or a deep blue works
well for me.

> Do you hate excessive use of background colors? ...for the
> page? ...for individual elements?

I find the use of different background colours for individual
elements to be irritating, sometimes. I find blocks of different
colour jarring when I'm trying to read.

> Do you like high contrast? Do you prefer lower contrast?

High contrast good, particularly if the sun's shining anywhere
nearby.  OK, so that only happens, like, two days a year up here in
Scotland. :-)

> Do you like having a bunch of different colors or would you prefer
> one with shades of only a few colors?

Different colours.  Enough that it's easy to see at a glance what a
particular atom is, where it starts and where it stops.  Syntax
highlighting is supposed to be an aid to reading/writing the code,
not just pretty colours. :)

> What languages do you want to have colored?

XHTML/XML, Ruby, Python, C++.

> Do you want different languages to have different colors?

No.  The same type of atom should be the same colour in every
language.  If a string is green in Ruby, it should be green in every
language in the world ever.

--
Mail: mathie at woss.name | Web: http://woss.name/
AIM:  Math1e           | PGP: 1024D/D72F2737