[TxMt] occasional crash with 1.1b17

Graeme Mathieson mathie at woss.name
Thu Sep 8 10:45:19 UTC 2005

On 7 Sep 2005, at 21:49, Ben Lovett wrote:

> I've seen an occasional crash when using subversion, and when I
> have $SVN_EDITOR=tm_wait.

FWIW, I'm seeing this too.  I've $VISUAL set to tm_wait and I have a
project open with the folder from which I'm committing added to it.
There are two possibilities when I do 'svn commit' on the command line:

* The file svn-commit.tmp is added to the project and opens up in the
project window.  TextMate doesn't crash and it works fine, allows me
to write the commit message, close the tab, then it commits.
* The file svn-commit.tmp is opened up in a separate window, outside
the project.  A few seconds later, TextMate then crashes.

Which possibility happens is entirely unpredictable.

I wonder if the problem is related to TextMate trying to add the file
to the project when it's already open in a separate window?
Sometimes, the refresh of the project happens before tm_wait tells it
to open that file, sometimes the refresh happens afterwards, and its
the afterwards case that causes TM to crash?

Would you like another crash log?  I don't want to spam the list...
--
Mail: mathie at woss.name | Web: http://woss.name/
AIM:  Math1e           | PGP: 1024D/D72F2737