[TxMt] warning about "tm"

Scott Barron scott at elitists.net
Wed Sep 7 02:24:31 UTC 2005

On Sep 6, 2005, at 10:19 PM, Michael Sheets wrote:

>> So I think it would indeed be a good idea to rename it to txmt, or
>> even textmate.
>
> txmt takes a bit too much thought to type... textmate is a bit long...
>
> How about simply 'mate' or or tmate, but I think mate is a bit better.
> Hmm.

How about 'tmt'?  Your finger is already up there for the t, seems to
be quick.
tmt tmt tmt tmt tmt tmt tmt.  Not bad.  That said, I also use the 'e'
alias.  Too long and it starts to become a hindrance.  For a similar
story, when I was evaluating the monotone SCM, one of my biggest gripes
was that it didn't have a quick to type name like 'cvs', or 'svn'.
Three characters or less seems to be my personal tolerance before I
start to get annoyed.

--
Scott Barron
Lunchbox Software