[TxMt] projects save references as relative paths

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Sep 6 12:26:56 UTC 2005

On 06/09/2005, at 11.09, Caio Chassot wrote:

>>> If I save a project then move it around the disk and open it
>>> again, it's unable to find its folders. My impression is that
>>> it's because the references are being saved as relative paths.
>>>
>> Maybe TextMate project files should store the paths in both
>> relative *and* absolute forms?
>>
> AFAICT, files in OS X have some sort of unique ID you can refer to,
> that's how aliases still work even after you move a file. Maybe
> projects should store that, and use the full path as a fallback.

Yes, Carbon has file aliases which I can store -- I'm switching most
parts of the app to use aliases for 1.2, though I also plan to make
the project file redundant (so a project is just a folder).

And yes, currently files are saved in the project file as relative
paths, since I always intended for the structure that Chris outlined
-- it is possible to change on an item-by-item basis, but it's
probably easier just to recreate the project.