[TxMt] enhance live preview

textmate at mac.com textmate at mac.com
Fri Sep 2 07:09:32 UTC 2005

On 1 Sep 2005, at 14:54, thomas Aylott wrote:

> Is there any way to do a live preview to a different server. If,
> say, i'm editing an ASP file through an SMB share on an IIS server.
> Can I do a preview of the rendered version of the page?

Instead of using the live preview, you could write a command (bound
to a key combo) that uses cURL to fetch a rendered version of the
current script from the server, and output the buffer to an HTML
window. E.g.:

#-------
LOCAL_SERVER="your.server.name"
FILEPATH=`echo "$TM_FILEPATH" | sed 's|/Volumes/SHARE/PATH/||'` # Or
wherever the mounted web root is

curl -s http://$LOCAL_SERVER/$FILEPATH
#-------

Select output to "Show as HTML", et voilà.

This will only work for simple ASP pages; stuff like session and
request parameters won't be available.

Regards,

Rich