[TxMt] Option-up/down arrow?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Sep 1 11:36:59 UTC 2005

On 01/09/2005, at 5.46, Benjamin Jackson wrote:

> What does this do? I'd think it would go to the next/prev line in
> the current column, but the behavior seems inconsistent.

It tries to find the first/last line in the current column.

More specific:

    1) move to the start of the current word (or leftward word, if on
whitespace),
    2) move up/down until the line above/below has either a non-word
character at the current column, or a word character at the column to
the left of the current column position,
    3) move to the column we started at.

The purpose is to use this with shift to make fast column selected.