[TxMt] latest build superslow...

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Oct 30 16:56:14 UTC 2005

On 30/10/2005, at 16.30, Tom Lazar wrote:

> I've just noticed that sometime during the past builds working with
> TM has become painstakingly slow, even with moderate sized Files.
> (I tested with Textile and XML and Python source)
>
> Even just going up and down with the cursor keys utilizes both of
> my 1GHz CPUs equally to about 80%!!
>
> Anyone else experienting this kind of slowdown? Any remedies in sight?

I've had a handful of reports about slowdown occuring (sometimes)
after a while, and cured by a restart. I've only seen one profiling
from this case, but the problem looked to be with font handling.

If your problem persists after restart, it would be helpful if you
could run Shark (Apple's profiler, it's in the CHUD (install) package
on the dev-tools DVD, or a separate download from Apple's site). It's
basically just Stat in Shark, then use TM intensively, and Stop.

The profile producted is huge, so send it to me privately.