[TxMt] Tab key when multiline selected

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Oct 27 15:34:41 UTC 2005

On 27/10/2005, at 17.25, Frédérik Bilhaut wrote:

> I'm considering TextMate again, and while doing some more tests I
> realised that the "tab" key has a somewhat unusual behaviour
> (compared to other advanced editors) when several lines are
> selected : most editors would shift the whole block, while TextMate
> just replaces the block with a tab... On top of that, the keyboard
> shortcut seems odd to me

The keyboard shortcuts were selected by Apple, and it's not standard
Mac behavior to let tab indent the block (and I personally do
regularly need to overwrite my selection with a tab character).

That said, in addition to command-[ and ], you can use option-tab and
option-shift-tab to indent left/right.