[TxMt] Tab key when multiline selected

Frédérik Bilhaut fbilhaut at info.unicaen.fr
Thu Oct 27 15:25:43 UTC 2005

Dear TextMate developper(s),

I'm considering TextMate again, and while doing some more tests I
realised that the "tab" key has a somewhat unusual behaviour
(compared to other advanced editors) when several lines are
selected : most editors would shift the whole block, while TextMate
just replaces the block with a tab... On top of that, the keyboard
shortcut seems odd to me (at least for a french keayboard), while
shifting blocks is a very usual task when I work on code or XML
Documents. And also, shifting left is often done using shift+tab. Is
it possible to see those "standards" shortcuts working in TextMate ?

Also, I noticed that it now has folding abilities. But is it possible
to disable it (I don't use it) ?

Best regards,
--
Frédérik Bilhaut