[TxMt] Getting started guide?

Greg Humphreys humper at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 01:50:20 UTC 2005

Generally, I agree that a quickstart document would be useful.
Failing that, here's an incredibly useful command for newbies:

Control-Option-Command-K

This shows ALL SORTS of useful stuff.

When reading the output of this command, it's also helpful to
understand that some keyboard shortcuts are available all the time
(e.g., those under "TextMate"), some are available whenever you're
writing code (e.g., those under "Source"), and so on.

On Oct 25, 2005, at 9:29 PM, Sean Schertell wrote:

> Not to beat this into the ground but:
>
> Honestly, I think it's super necessary to have some sort of a short
> document at least giving an overview of TM concepts (like bundles,
> commands, etc), even with links to relevant sections of the blog.
> Just a couple pages would be great.
>
> Consider that for a lot of us TM newbies, many of the best features
> aren't getting used at all because we don't know where to start or
> even what's available.
>
> I'd like to humbly suggest that some sort of a "getting started"
> guide should take top priority over adding even more undocumented
> features that will go unused my many users.
>
> That said, thanks for a GREAT editor!  Now if I could just find out
> how to use all these nifty features ;-)
>
> Sean
>

> ::::  DataFly.Net  ::::
> Complete Web Services
> http://www.datafly.net

Greg Humphreys, Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science, University of Virginia
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~humper/