[TxMt] Attaching commands to project files

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Oct 26 01:09:31 UTC 2005

On 25/10/2005, at 19.09, Shawn Van Ittersum wrote:

> Can I attach a command to a project file so that it is only
> available when that project is open and foremost in TextMate?

No, but as Charilaos suggested, you can make the command use
variables that you setup independently for each project.

> I'd like to write a command to rsync a project's files to a server,
> and give each project its own command to sync the proper
> directories to the right server.

I have a generic command for this, I use the TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY
variable to figure out a path on the server.

E.g. to get the last path component of the project directory you can
use ${TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY##*/}.