[TxMt] I've lost smart typing

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Oct 23 15:34:13 UTC 2005

On 23/10/2005, at 17.26, Max wrote:

>> Quit TextMate, from Terminal run:
>>    defaults read com.macromates.textmate
>> OakBundleManagerDeletedBundles
> Sorry I'm having a little problem doing what you suggest...
> With 'read' the command returns 'the domain/default pair of
> (com.macromates.textmate OakBundleManagerDeletedBundles) does not
> exist
> With 'delete' instead it returns no result.

Okay, then the setting is not there (which is what we want).

>> It stores the list of which default bundles you have deleted
>> there, so to recover these, you'll need to remove that (array).
> By 'It' you mean... ?

TextMate

> What does the 'defaults' command do? ...

Read/write application settings, generally stored in ~/Library/
Preferences

>> If you're mainly using PHP and Perl, you don't need a svn checkout
>> (and I don't recommend it, the application works fine w/o the
>> checkout, so the checkout is just adding another source of
>> potential problems).
> I thought a svn checkout was for adding all Languages, because 'off
> the shelf' Textmate had none.

It is for adding languages which is not there by default, yes. But
default there are two dozen languages, includng PHP, and Perl.

> If I've got it, the svn checkout adds new languages to the default
> package, which is within the main application folder, right?

The default bundles are in TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport (and
TextMate likely to be in your /Applications folder)

The svn checkout can be done to any of the library locations.

>> If you edited default bundles, the changes are in ~/Library/
>> Application Support/TextMate/Bundles (so to really reset to
>> defaults, you'll need to remove these as well — not sure if that's
>> the one you referred to with the bundles folder in library).
> I have no TextMate folder under ~/Library...

Okay — try to go to the bundle editor and click the “More Bundles…”
do you see the bundles there?

Some languages inherit smart typing from the Source bundle, so this
should be enabled.