[TxMt] spurious errors when calling LaTeX from TextMate

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 19 19:01:59 UTC 2005

On Oct 19, 2005, at 11:37 AM, Chris Fonnesbeck wrote:

> On 10/19/05, Charilaos Skiadas <cskiadas at uchicago.edu> wrote:
>
>> I haven't had any problems so far. Can you give us an example of the
>> offending code / a test case?
>>

> Well, its a long manuscript, so I dont want to send it all, but I get
> the following errors:

This seems to me to be a problem with latex itself, not TM. TM just
runs the command line latex, ASAIK. You are saying the exact same
file, when ran from TexShop, goes through fine? What if you compile
from the command line?

Searching for "latex multiply defined labels" found this bug:
http://www.latex-project.org/cgi-bin/ltxbugs2html?pr=latex/2615&
which has to do with longtables, which I see you are using. Maybe
this is what's causing your problems?

> LaTeX Warning: Label `tab:estimates' multiply defined.
>
> LaTeX Warning: Label `tab:estimates' multiply defined.
>
> LaTeX Warning: Label `tab:sim_results' multiply defined.
>
> LaTeX Warning: There were undefined references.
>
> LaTeX Warning: There were multiply-defined labels.
>

> Yet, all the tables are uniquely named, such as:
>
> \begin{longtable}{lcccccl}
> \caption{Estimates of demographic parameters for model $I_s$ for
> American black ducks in Canada, 1991-2003}
> \label{tab:estimates} \\
> \hline
> \bf Parameter & \bf Sex &        \bf Age &       \bf Year &      \bf
> mean &      \bf q025 &      \bf q975 \\
> \hline
> \endhead
> Age ratio ($A_t$) &            &            &       1991 &   1.157431
> &   0.930915 &   1.493831 \\
>
>            &            &            &       1992 &   0.726623 &
> 0.585997 &   0.911771 \\
>
>            &            &            &       1993 &   1.065012 &
> 0.860516 &   1.343519 \\
>
> etc ...

Haris