[TxMt] Output in new window?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Oct 14 16:54:03 UTC 2005

On 14/10/2005, at 18.39, IxokaI wrote:

> Ugh. Except that's not actually useful to me.. and the extra-work
> would be a LOT of hassel, actually. I need a plain-text completely
> boring output from an external command I didn't writeand I don't
> want to go through the (big, in this case) hassel of putting a wrapper
> around....

echo -n '<pre>'
command_you_did_not_write 2>&1|perl -pe 's/&/&/g; s/</</g'

> Why can't we keep both?

Well, I'm unlikely to remove the other one, since too much depend on
it, but it's bad in so many ways (bad UI, no arithmetic for line/
column numbers, running synchronously with no in-app abort option,
weird behavior on resize etc.)