[TxMt] Invoke TM automatically from LaTeX error

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Oct 11 11:53:06 UTC 2005

On 10/10/2005, at 12.56, Thomas Schröder wrote:

> [...] you can enter 'e' to edit that file and correct the error.
> The problem on a vanilla TeX installation is that the vi editor is
> used for this. To use TextMate instead you can put this command in
> your .tcshrc
>
> setenv TEXEDIT "mate -w -l %d %s"

Very nice tip! I have rolled it into the manual. I changed it to (for
bash):

    export TEXEDIT='mate -w -l %d "%s"'

So that it also works with paths containing spaces (tex didn't seem
to handle this itself).

On the subject of “external editor”, I saw this [1] about doing
similar for less. The blog post uses open with the txmt://-scheme,
using mate it becomes:

    export LESSEDIT='mate -l %lm %f'

[1] http://woss.name/2005/09/28/opening-files-in-textmate-from-less1/