[TxMt] XML Macro to close the current tag

Jon Evans jon.evans at pobox.com
Tue Oct 11 09:48:08 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to see if I can manage without eclipse in my daily
workflow.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to do without it completely,
as it does nice stuff like popup function name completion etc. that
really need the editor itself to be written in Java.  I should be
able to do without it for my view code and (server-side) javascript.

One thing I miss from XMLBuddy (eclipse plug-in) is Ctrl-space to
close the current tab.  e.g. if the editor looked like this:

and you hit ctrl-space, it would append </div> to that line.  Has
anyone written a macro to do that?  I would imagine it could get
quite complicated, XMLBuddy will still append </div> even if the edit
buffer looks like this:

so it isn't just reading back to the first <:alpha:+>.

I know about the <[tab], >[tab] and <a[tab] snippets, but I always
forget to use them.  I could probably learn, given time...

Jon