[TxMt] Remote editing via ssh peer review.

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 14:27:46 UTC 2005

On 10/8/05, Cameron Mallory <cmallory at berserk.org> wrote:
> Good evening.
>
> I've written up a HOWTO on a remote editing via ssh workaround for
> TextMate.
>
> Thought I'd ask for some feedback.   I was thinking it may be good
> under the Wiki perhaps?

You had me all excited for a while there but your solution will only
work if you only ever edit your remote files from a single Mac
otherwise you are going to end up with things out of synch and getting
a new tar ball everytime you want to work locally would really take
away from the conveience factor.

Instead I find using CyberDuck for SFTP and setting it up so a double
click opens the file in TextMate works a lot better, it is just a pain
that it is two separate programs and editing multiple files can be a
bit of a pain.

How hard would it be to embed CyberDuck's FTP browser (or something
similar) into TextMate's Project browser or is that what is planned
for 1.2?

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge