[TxMt] small bundle question, was: problem: php syntax bundle

Andreas Wahlin andreaswahlin at bredband.net
Sun Oct 9 12:58:43 UTC 2005

> Actually there is a solution for languages. You can define your
> additions in a new bundle, then include the original. As an example
> my Perl language definition loos like this (deleting most of my
> additions for brevity):
>
> {    scopeName = 'source.perl.gerd';
>     firstLineMatch = '^#!.*\bperl\b';
>     fileTypes = ( 'pl', 'pm', 'pod' );
>     foldingStartMarker = '(/\*|(\{|\[|\()\s*$)';
>     foldingStopMarker = '(\*/|^\s*(\}|\]|\)))';
>     patterns = (
>         {    name = 'entity.name.class';
>              match = '^\s*package\s+.*$\n?';
>         },
>         {    include = 'source.perl'; },
>     );
> }

Ah, that's pretty smart. This does only apply to language though
right? Macros, snippets etc are each "unique", so adding my own
snippets will still allow me to catch up on official ones ... as long
as I don't change the official ones of course ..
It's not entirely ideal though to have to go through the process
above, on the other hand, if one edits the language, one knows what
one does.

Andreas