[TxMt] [488] Auto-Update and non-admin account

Allan Odgaard list at macromates.com
Tue Oct 4 20:10:29 UTC 2005

On 04/10/2005, at 21.08, Allan Odgaard wrote:

>> [...] TM complains about not being able to move the old version to
>> the trash [...]
> Interesting -- I'm using NSWorkspace's
> performFileOperation:NSWorkspaceRecycleOperation to delete the
> file, and if I mount an SMB drive here (the only network drive I
> have access to) it just deletes the file instantly, i.e. not
> failing, as it does for you. [...]

Looking into it, it does actually support trashing on my SMB mounted
volume.

UID being my user id. So I assume that the reason it doesn't support
trashing on your NFS partition is, that you do not have permission to
write to the root of the volume (to create the .Trashes/«UID» folder).

Just to settle my curiosity, maybe you could try creating this folder
in a way that allows your user ID to write to it, and see if the
Finder warnings (about immediate deletion) disappears?!?