[TxMt] [488] Auto-Update and non-admin account

Allan Odgaard list at macromates.com
Tue Oct 4 19:08:09 UTC 2005

On 04/10/2005, at 20.08, Gerd Knops wrote:

> There is another minor buglet with the auto-update: My TM lives on
> a network drive (shared applications). So TM complains about not
> being able to move the old version to the trash. When deleting
> something on that partition from the Finder, it also always warns
> that items will be deleted immediately and not moved to trash.

Interesting -- I'm using NSWorkspace's
performFileOperation:NSWorkspaceRecycleOperation to delete the file,
and if I mount an SMB drive here (the only network drive I have
access to) it just deletes the file instantly, i.e. not failing, as
it does for you.

I presume it left e TextMate.old in your shared applications folder
after the update?

Kind regards Allan
--
    http://macromates.com/