[TxMt] Help with bundles

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Oct 4 17:53:05 UTC 2005

On 04/10/2005, at 19.41, Neil Lee wrote:

> Really? That makes absolutely no sense - what's the connection
> between new documents and projects?

The connection is that a “template” can create multiple files (e.g.
source + header for C) so there needs to be a project to “receive”
the files. But it's something I'll “fix” in 1.2. Which will be a
major overhaul on the way projects and single documents work.

> I'm trying really hard to integrate Textmate into my workflow, but
> there so little that's documented I'm starting to wonder if I can
> afford the time required to figure it out.

Yes, TextMate needs a lot of documentation work, but if you select
Help -> Templates the first line says:

    Templates are used when creating new files (currently only from a
project window).

So maybe this wasn't the best example to “complain” about the state
of the documentation :)