[TxMt] feature request: Narrow Project Tree To...

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sun Oct 2 13:37:32 UTC 2005

On 01/10/2005, at 18.06, Andreas Wahlin wrote:

> All I want is the possibility to open separate windows, like
> untitled files now, but with the possibility to get them to
> recognize projects. Basicly I want to separate the project drawer
> from any window, and all tabs from each other.

The goal with 1.2 is to get rid of the projects per se, and instead
have each window allow viewing the file system in the side drawer
(much like scratch projects, but more dynamic).

State of each window will be kept as FS metadata, and the entire
state (which windows are open, pointing to what folders etc.) are
kept as the “workspace”.

The use of windows/tabs will be more like Safari.

You probably will be able to get closer to your spatial desires --
but making cmd-T work on all windows, and the folders they point to,
seems like a wrong choice -- for that, you should maybe use Spotlight.