[TxMt] Python mode: offering some code and some suggestions

Gary Poster gary at modernsongs.com
Wed Nov 30 18:00:24 UTC 2005

Thanks to Domenico and Jay-through-Domenico for your replies. :-)

FWIW (see below)...

On Nov 30, 2005, at 12:24 PM, Domenico Carbotta wrote:

>> From: Jay Soffian <jay at soffian.org>
>>
>>> Finally, pycheckmate didn't work for me.  The first reason had
>>> something to do with using a specific Python installation, rather
>>> than the environment Python.
>>
>> Not sure what this is referring to. pycheckmate.py should work
>> fine with /usr/bin/python. At least, it does on the systems I've
>> tested it on.

.../usr/bin/env python seems like a better choice to me.  I have a
different Python at /usr/bin/python than my environment Python.
TextMate, with its emphasis on 'Mac/UNIX blend' seems like it should
use the standard environment tools.

Thanks again to both of you.

Gary