[TxMt] Tidy and XML

Nicholas Orr nick at goya.com.au
Tue Nov 29 05:00:21 UTC 2005

I'm trying to find a good text editor for editing very large XML
files (40,000 plus lines).  I've got BBEdit, but when I saw the code
folding thing that TextMate does I almost bought a copy on the spot.

But I've had trouble getting the tidy to work in TextMate.  The
default XML - Tidy command just adds spaces between every single
character in the file.

Does anyone know enough about Tidy to give me some advice about
this?  From my reading on the web, I'd need to have a separate
command to do output reflowed xml.

Thanks,
Nick