[TxMt] Re: default fold level

Christian Rosentreter karibu at gmx.net
Mon Nov 28 23:15:06 UTC 2005

Hello Jamal

On 28.11.05, you wrote:

> howdy,
> i know there used to be a global default fold level you could set and it
> was pulled due to issues. that was a long time ago however. is there a
> bundle level default fold level these days? or even a global one again?
> thanx...

I talked about this already on ##textmate a few days ago.

I also need a way to configure some (global) custom foldmarkers
w/o having to fork the bundles I need these custom foldmarkers
in (mostly C and PHP here).

This custom folds could be displayed in a different color (the
little arrows for fold/unfold) and (optional) automatically be
closed when loading files containing such markers. This had the
advantage you can open the source parts you need directly after
a lot time on large source files, I like this behavior in my
other current editor (MorphED on MorphOS)).

I made a small mockup how I imagined this:

http://www.binaryriot.com/tokai/textmate_mockup.png

(with fold start as "/* ---" and fold end as "/* --- */"
configured (it's ansi c compatible ;) ).

Maybe these custom folds could be called level 0 folds and have
higher priority than the automatic folds.

Anyway, that's how it looks in MorphED (I unfold one function after

http://www.binaryriot.com/tokai/morphed.png

Would great if that would be possible somehow in TextMate too and
I hope I could explain it in an understandable way. :)

regards,
--
.tokai - christian rosentreter  @ http://www.christianrosentreter.com

inside the pouring rain, something surfaces, and disappears