[TxMt] TextMate screencasts - keyboard overlay?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Nov 23 19:00:52 UTC 2005

On 23/11/2005, at 19:31, Jeremy Dunck wrote:

> [...] I'd like to provide a keyboard overlay on the demo vids,
> which would
> show which keys are being depressed to get the specific features to
> activate.
>
> Does anyone know how to do this?

System Preferences -> International -> Input Menu.

Here you can enable the Keyboard Viewer, which can then be brought up
from the input method. Here's an example of the Keyboard Viewer in
use: http://macromates.com/movies/rubymate_wrap.mov

> I'm familiar with vnc2swf and wink.  I'm also considering buying
> Camtasia and/or Snapz Pro.

I use Snapz Pro X, but have no experience with the other utilities.

And I'd gladly provide “infrastructure” for user-submitted screen-
casts (like an aggregated feed).