[TxMt] [REQ] Back/Forward buttons

Edmundo Ortega ed at westernfreight.com
Wed Nov 23 16:55:54 UTC 2005

I didn't see this in the list, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

It would be cool to have a back/forward functionality like in a
browser. For example, I often use cmd-T to find a file to look up the
signature of a class method or whatever. Then I want to go back to
the last file I was viewing. If I have more than 8 files open, the
tabs become useless. I could use cmd-W to close the file, but often
times I have three files that I'm working on at one time and it would
be nice to be able to just quickly switch between them in the order
in which i've looked at them.

Browser-ifying the tab system is a pet request of mine that I hope to
someday see realized. TextMate is an amazing editor - thank you
again, Allan.

Ed