[TxMt] Ditch the drawer

Jack Baty jbaty at fusionary.com
Wed Nov 23 12:11:36 UTC 2005

On 11/23/05, Kevin Ballard <kevin at sb.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure how ditching the drawer would give you more space, which
> is what you seem to be indicating you need.

I think it depends on how one relates a window to a workspace. I tend
to think of each window as my entire workspace. When I need to see the
project tree, I'd prefer that it was displayed "inside" the current
window. Also, on a smaller monitor, the document window can easily
fill the entire screen. In this case, when the drawer is opened, the
document window size is reduced to make room. Then, when closing the
drawer, it stays the reduced size, requiring a manual resize. Other
than that, for me, (on a 20" iMac) it's simply a "feel" thing.

--
Jack Baty
Fusionary Media - http://www.fusionary.com