[TxMt] >>> documentation for novices? <<<

Matt Henderson matt2 at makalumedia.com
Wed Nov 23 08:31:40 UTC 2005

On Nov 23, 2005, at 9:09 AM, jochen2.mueller at bechtle.com wrote:

> I could not find a introduction which would enable me to read
> and understand what TM-help-pages want to tell me.

Of course Allan will have his own plans, objectives, etc., but I wish
he would maybe stop development on TM (maybe, after 1.1 or something)
and dedicate some considerable time to some good documentation; in
particular introductory material. For example, I would love to have
access to some video-based tutorials that, by way of example, give me
a better overview of how "macros", "snippets", "commands", "bundles",
etc. all fit together into the concept that is TextMate. (And these
kinds of things are pretty easy to produce these days.)

Some time ago, I saw a 15-minute video produced by Jon Rentzsch
introducing WebObjects by way of building a very simple address book
application. That one single video not only demonstrated the
mechanics of WebObjects, but also its "way" of building applications.

I think something similar for TextMate would be tremendously useful
for people like myself, who are probably only using about 5% of the
application's capabilities. (And I'm sure it would sell more
licenses! :-)

--
Matt Henderson
matt.henderson at gmail.com (personal) | matt at makalumedia.com (work)