[TxMt] what to do when find goes crazy?

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Sun Nov 20 20:56:40 UTC 2005

On Nov 20, 2005, at 2:47 PM, Caio Chassot wrote:

> I know find in project is in for a revamp some time in the future,
> but in the mean time, if I run it on a project with many many many
> files or with a few really really big files, it goes spinning
> beachball of death for eternity and killing is the only thing left
> to do -- which kinda sucks when you have unsaved changes.

Does this happen regardless of what you search for? I often find that
if I search for some complicated regexp, it might take much longer,
and for a while I'd be seeing the beachball. It often takes a while
until I regain control, so long in fact that I've considered killing
it many times. Are we talking here about files with very long lines,
or just with too many lines? Are they local or remote?
> Is there anything that can be done about this?

Haris