[TxMt] Rich Text Format

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Nov 16 00:10:41 UTC 2005

On 15/11/2005, at 13.45, Andreas Wahlin wrote:

> Any chance of textmate supporting rtf format?
> I suppose this is raher unnecessary really, just a thought.

Yeah, there's probably a lot of things I should do before venturing
into the word processor marked :)

Although if/when I add support for mixed font usage, it could be
achieved by disabling on-the-fly parsing and instead use static
scopes, which would be setup during import and then used when
exporting to RTF or similar — actually quite appealing, since the
only real addition (ignoring the lack of mixed/proportional fonts)
would be adding support for changing scopes (of the selection/caret)
manually.

But this is more like something I can play with in version 4.x ;) The
exporter thing however isn't that far off, I already have some proof-
of-concept export to XML code. I'm trying to nail the proper
interface for this, as I see exporting both useful wrt copying the
selection (to XHTML and RTF/NSAttributedString), saving, and
something commands may want to use (instead of source-highlight etc.).